SAT - Scholastic Aptitude Test
Some time ago ,it was Scholastic , now basically the SAT® is a universally acclaimed placement test managed for choosing possibility for college classes in the US and different nations. The test is proposed to evaluate students' availability for school. The SAT is intended to be lined up with secondary school educational module, as the inquiries reflect all the more intently what understudies realize in secondary school. Every year, SAT is taken by more than three million applicants on a worldwide scale. The SAT Test 2018 is directed universally in the long periods of October, December, March, May, and June (SAT Subject test). The SAT Test Dates for the US applicants are planned for the long stretches of May, June, August, October, November, December, and March. The College Board® is the directing specialist established in 1900 is made out of in excess of 6,000 schools, schools, colleges and other instructive associations. In this article, Careers360 has given all the related data what is SAT.
The SAT is partitioned into two areas - 1. Reading, Writing, and 2.Mathematics. These two segments are scored on a 200-800 point scale, for a greatest aggregate score of 1600.
SAT subject test scores are estimated on a size of 200 to 800. There are extra sub scores provided details regarding a 20-80 scale. The scores of an understudy think about how he/she contrasted and different understudies who stepped through the examination. A normal SAT score is around 1000. Anything over 1200 is viewed as a decent SAT score. The most extreme anybody can score on SAT is the ideal score of 1600. Since you get scaled scores, you ought to make them comprehend of SAT scaled scores and percentiles.
THE Advantages of choosing THE IMMACULATE’S SAT Fast track prep program:
Classroom & online training available. Totally 60 hours of training(inclusive of free IELTS/TOEFL/PTE – 20 hours)
- One-on-One Prep Classes.
- Full-length SAT Mock Test with detailed score reporting and essay feedback.
- Complete guidelines for SAT Prep.
- Customized reading & analytical strategies & tips.
- Concept reinforcement and test taking techniques.
- Guided practice with hints and support, proctored tests, quizzes and proven test-taking strategies.
- Daily feedback (both online & offline) – round the clock trainer support via social media: whatsapp, twitter, FB, messenger, e-mail.
- Comprehensive & flexible Study Schedule.
- Constant Performance Analysis & Reporting.
- Advanced & latest Study Material developed by THE IMMACULATE SAT R&D team.
- Availability of exhaustive SAT verbal vocabulary; web links, portals, archives, audio-visuals,
journals, tech talks, reading, listening tests & audio transcripts, summarizing, paraphrasing, idioms
&prepositional phrases, quotes.
- SAT Math & verbal virtual platform.
- SAT ‘fun with Math’ Lab & verbal quiz.
- Creative writing with focus on structure and intricacy in formats & writing styles.
- Since students differ in the pace at which they learn, our SAT prep is tailored so students focus on the areas where they need the most help.
- World class course material, suitable for international & local students.
- SAT experts with an adaptive approach available at your disposal.
- Grammar sessions specially conducted for students from a non-English background or for those who lack eloquency in the language.
- Specific attention given to areas such as pronunciation, speaking with neutral accent & verbal & non-verbal cue training (tone, diction, voice modulation,pause,stress,intonation,pitch etc).
SAT Exam Pattern 2018 ®
The College Board® conducts the SAT® exam in a particular SAT 2018 exam design having two unmistakable formats, specifically SAT Reasoning Test or essentially SAT and SAT Subjects Test. Both the SAT exam design 2018 have interesting attributes for assessing competitors' learning and expertise. SAT administering body has recommended singular SAT exam prospectus for both the organizations. The SAT (Reasoning test) is directed to assess applicants' Reading, Writing and Mathematical capacity, while the SAT Subjects Test surveys test takers' mastery in particular subjects. According to the new SAT 2018 exam design, a standout amongst the most critical changes for competitors (March 2018 onwards) is that the exam will be scored on a sum of 1600 while the Evidence-Based Reading/Writing and Math segments will each be scored on a 200 to 800 point scale. Additionally, there is no negative checking in SAT.
Detailed description of SAT (Reasoning) Test Pattern
Writing - This segment incorporates a short paper and various decision inquiries on distinguishing blunders and enhancing English sentence structure and use. This segment should be finished inside 35 minutes and comprises of 44 questions.
Critical Reading – according to the SAT exam design 2018, this segment incorporates a few perusing entries and sentence fulfillments. It is again partitioned into three sub-segments. The inquiries asked in this segment depend on either short section perusing or long entry perusing. The inquiries depend on various decision questions (MCQ). These inquiries measure applicants' understanding capacity. As indicated by the SAT 2018 exam design, 65 minutes is allocated to this area for endeavoring 52 questions.
Mathematics - This segment incorporates inquiries on essential Arithmetic Operations, Algebra, Geometry, Statistics, and Probability. SAT exam design 2018 permits test takers 80 minutes to settle 58 questions.
What is the scoring scale for the SAT®?
- Mathematics section scored between 200-800.
- Critical Reading section is scored on a scale of 200-800.
- Essay is scored independently on a scale of 2-8.
- The full SAT® test score ranges between 400-1600.
SAT Subject Test or SAT II
Subject Tests (formerly SAT II: Subject Tests) are designed to assess an aspirant’s knowledge and skills
in specific subject areas, as well as their ability to practically apply that knowledge. Students who wish to
apply to the Top 15-20 universities in the US have to take the SAT Subject Test. The test is a paper-based
tes,scored on a maximum of 800. SAT II The duration of each test is one-hour ,offered in the following
subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths Level 1, Maths Level 2, English Literature, US History,World
History&languages. The US-based College Board is responsible for conceiving and administering the SAT I and
SAT II. College Board sets questions, conducts the test and sends score reports to each examinee. For
detailed information about the SAT II , please refer to the official website of
Challenging FAQ’s answered by THE IMMACULATE’s SAT ADVISORY COUNCIL:
How many SAT attempts can we make?
SAT can be taken any number of times. (It is recommended not to appear for SAT too many times as it may affect the applicant’s prospects and candidature).
What is the validity of the SAT exam?
SAT scores are valid for 5 years from the date the test was taken.
What is the scoring pattern of the SAT exam?
- The Mathematics section is scored on a scale of 200-800.
- The Critical Reading section is scored on a scale of 200-800.
- The Essay is scored separately on a scale of 2-8.
- The entire SAT I score ranges from 400-1600.
How soon do the scores arrive?
It takes 3 weeks after the exam date, for the scores to be available.
If the SAT is attempted more than once, which score will be
considered by the universities?
Almost all the universities regard and take the best score.
Do we need to have SAT scores at the time of applying to universities?
Yes. One must have one’s SAT score at the time of applying to universities. The College Board also
stresses that sending scores very early shows colleges that you are a very motivated & interested applicant.
Is essay required in the SAT?
A lot of the top 50 colleges require or recommend the essay.
Which graduate and business school institutions accept THE SAT scores?
Please contact THEIMMACULATE/TI ABROAD or visit our urls:
Materials we use:
“I aimed at getting a good SAT score and THE IMMACULATE helped me achieve it. Their SAT program has a
planned and well designed curriculum which catered to my preparation needs. The faculty was well experienced
and a great support in guiding me through my journey. They gave me individual attention and focused on the
best results. I'm thankful and happy at my decision, for choosing THE IMMACULATE as my prep institute.”
- Preethi Rajesh ( Former SAT student of THE IMMACULATE)
I was a student of THE IMMACULATE for both its SAT classes and Application Process. While the SAT classes
sharpened my grammar and gave me the final push I had needed to score a 2400 on the SAT, my counselling team
helped me meticulously plan my way into the University of Pennsylvania. Team IMMACULATE planned out my
schedule and made sure I completed and sent all my applications well before time. I remember, one time when
I was stressed about my result, THE IMMACULATE consoled me, calmed me down and then made me fill in my
application. I will forever be grateful for their stalwart efforts. Thank you,”
- Sathyan Kumar( Former SAT student of THE IMMACULATE)